Casava Cake Recipe from the Picnic
Several People asked for the recipe to the excellent dish that Ron and Elvie brought to the picnic. This is for the Casava Cake. Thanks Ron and Elvie for sharing!
From Ron on the Forum
I had a few people ask if we could post a couple recipes on the two dishes we took to the SCP picnic. And I guess this would be a great place to start with Recipes for dishes that utilize foods that not only good for you but in most cases natural.
500 g grated cassava
2 large eggs, beaten
1 can 170 gm evaporated milk
½ cup white sugar
2/3 can of 395 gm sweetened condensed milk
2 cups coconut milk
¼ cup melted butter
1/3 can of 395 gm sweetened condensed milk
½ cup coconut milk
2 tbsp melted butter
Grated cheddar cheese (optional)
1.Beat together eggs, evaporated milk and sugar.
2. Add condensed ,coconut milk and butter, mix well.
3. Add grated cassava over the mixture and mix well.
4. Transfer to a buttered baking dish, bake in a 350 degrees. preheated over for 30 minutes.
5. Prepare the toppings mixture while baking the cake, combine condensed, coconut milk and butter.
6. When the cake is done, spread the milk mixture on its surface, return to oven and bake for 25 minutes or until slightly brown.
7.(optional) Then drizzle with grated cheese. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
and Enjoy warm or cold !!!!