Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Best Weapon for Prepper/ Concealed Carry
06-10-2013, 11:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2013 11:10 AM by Maverick.)
RE: Best Weapon for Prepper/ Concealed Carry
(06-10-2013 01:09 AM)Devil_Dog Wrote:  Hey Lynn,

Just my .02,...but if you have difficulty pulling back the slide on a semi auto pistol, maybe you can try a technique, I have seen taught to women shooters who had the same problem and it worked most of the time. Now I don't know which is your dominate hand, but for sake of explanation lets say you are right handed.

Try holding the pistol in your right hand, pointing the muzzle down towards the ground out in front of you. Grip the slide with your left hand like you normally would if you were pulling the slide back, however while tightly holding the slide, push forward with your right hand. I know at first read this may not seem like there is any difference in pulling or pushing, but if you actually try it, it should work. At least that has been my experience. Generally It takes less effort to push than it does to pull. If that does not work, I would suggest a good wheel gun.

Hope it helps!

Depending on firearm though, pushing forward on the majority won't fully seat the brass preventing the extractor to move forward of the rim adding precious seconds to bring into ready

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
K-Light Solar Lantern & Flashlight

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Weapon for Prepper/ Concealed Carry - Maverick - 06-10-2013 11:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  No Generic Temovate; Temovate Ointment Price What Pharmacies Carry exnazowtu 0 158 09-11-2014 01:18 PM
Last Post: exnazowtu
  you may be lucky and get a powerup or weapon upgrade ailpra80qk 0 113 09-05-2014 07:22 AM
Last Post: ailpra80qk
  New Prepper Novella valentinoswife 1 1,196 07-17-2014 09:30 PM
Last Post: sfqhqgmon
  How did you start your Prepper Plan? lynn.hitchens@gmail.com 3 1,377 05-18-2013 06:10 PM
Last Post: EveryDayPrepper