Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How To Communicate Stressed Environment
04-24-2013, 08:03 AM
How To Communicate Stressed Environment
So if the Internet Dies, Call service is dead or monitored, and the land lines are down what we going to do. It would be really really good for all us preppers to be able to communicate through out the whole county. CB radio would be good if we weren't 70 miles long. HAM RADIO though is well suited and the basic license is enough for country wide communications. How many have considered getting set up with Ham Radio? Its really simple and the test is on line with the answers. No you don't take your actually test on line but there are practice tests that have the right answers and score you. It shouldn't take very long to get the license. Anyone interested, I am more than willing to help you get there. what do y'all think? Idea

"The measure of a man can be taken by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
K-Light Solar Lantern & Flashlight
04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
RE: How To Communicate Stressed Environment
Scott- I am interested. What type of costs are we talking about to get started. I have none of the equipment.

(04-24-2013 08:03 AM)Scotty-T Wrote:  So if the Internet Dies, Call service is dead or monitored, and the land lines are down what we going to do. It would be really really good for all us preppers to be able to communicate through out the whole county. CB radio would be good if we weren't 70 miles long. HAM RADIO though is well suited and the basic license is enough for country wide communications. How many have considered getting set up with Ham Radio? Its really simple and the test is on line with the answers. No you don't take your actually test on line but there are practice tests that have the right answers and score you. It shouldn't take very long to get the license. Anyone interested, I am more than willing to help you get there. what do y'all think? Idea

Space Coast Preppers.com
Where the Space Coast Preps!
info@SpaceCoastPreppers.com
[Image: facebookprofile100x72.jpg]
Join Us!
http://www.facebook.com/SpaceCoastPreppers
http://www.twitter.com/SpaceCoastPrep
04-24-2013, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2013 11:51 AM by Scotty-T.)
(04-24-2013 08:56 AM)scpadmin Wrote:  Scott- I am interested. What type of costs are we talking about to get started. I have none of the equipment.

(04-24-2013 08:03 AM)Scotty-T Wrote:  So if the Internet Dies, Call service is dead or monitored, and the land lines are down what we going to do. It would be really really good for all us preppers to be able to communicate through out the whole county. CB radio would be good if we weren't 70 miles long. HAM RADIO though is well suited and the basic license is enough for country wide communications. How many have considered getting set up with Ham Radio? Its really simple and the test is on line with the answers. No you don't take your actually test on line but there are practice tests that have the right answers and score you. It shouldn't take very long to get the license. Anyone interested, I am more than willing to help you get there. what do y'all think? Idea

You need no equipment to get started. Get Licensed first. http://www.qrz.com has practice tests and study questions. When you can pass any test, regardless of your score, The test can be scheduled locally. I don't know the actual schedule but it is generally given at the Red Cross building in Melbourne say once or twice a month. I will try to get details and post in this thread for you. If you need someone to study with I can help. SKYPE is a good tool for get togethers with audio but doesn't support groups with video. Study groups cam meet up nearly anywhere. If I can figure out the forum I'll try to PM you my phone number and we can talk a bit more.

(04-24-2013 11:42 AM)Scotty-T Wrote:  
(04-24-2013 08:56 AM)scpadmin Wrote:  Scott- I am interested. What type of costs are we talking about to get started. I have none of the equipment.

You need no equipment to get started. Get Licensed first. http://www.qrz.com has practice tests and study questions. When you can pass any test, regardless of your score, The test can be scheduled locally. I don't know the actual schedule but it is generally given at the Red Cross building in Melbourne say once or twice a month. I will try to get details and post in this thread for you. If you need someone to study with I can help. SKYPE is a good tool for get togethers with audio but doesn't support groups with video. Study groups cam meet up nearly anywhere. If I can figure out the forum I'll try to PM you my phone number and we can talk a bit more.

PM sent.

"The measure of a man can be taken by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"
04-25-2013, 01:15 AM

PM sent.

The Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society has both formal classes and testing. The schedule for all of 2013 is in the testing tab on the left side. http://www.pcars.org/