Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Let's Discuss What We're Doing For Preps This Month
03-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Let's Discuss What We're Doing For Preps This Month
I think an important thread here is for each of us to add to a discussion on what prepping steps we are taking each month. Are you learning new skills or practicing old ones to become more proficient at it? Each month we should be working towards adding to our preps of one type or another. Some of us belong in the survivalist camp and work on weapons and security but some of us just want to have basic preparations for natural disasters or economic or such failures. I am not asking anyone to reveal all aspects in other words - we want to avoid tinfoil hat conspiracies and also maintain OPSEC but let's try to encourage one another in this journey!
This past weekend we added a new buck to our rabbits. Today we're going to being canning some meat. Tuesday we will be canning tomatoes.

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
K-Light Solar Lantern & Flashlight
03-17-2013, 10:25 AM
RE: Let's Discuss What We're Doing For Preps This Month
Great Idea Valentinoswife,
I am all for sharing of ideas and tips. It only helps all of us. This weekend we worked on our pantry, adding to, organizing and inventorying our supplies. We also tried making our own homemade laundry detergent. My wife found a great "recipe" on Pinterest. I will be posting a blog post about it hopefully later tonight. We tested it out and it worked great.

Space Coast Preppers.com
Where the Space Coast Preps!
info@SpaceCoastPreppers.com
[Image: facebookprofile100x72.jpg]
Join Us!
http://www.facebook.com/SpaceCoastPreppers
http://www.twitter.com/SpaceCoastPrep
03-17-2013, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2013 11:43 AM by Maverick.)
(03-17-2013 08:56 AM)valentinoswife Wrote:  I think an important thread here is for each of us to add to a discussion on what prepping steps we are taking each month. Are you learning new skills or practicing old ones to become more proficient at it? Each month we should be working towards adding to our preps of one type or another. Some of us belong in the survivalist camp and work on weapons and security but some of us just want to have basic preparations for natural disasters or economic or such failures. I am not asking anyone to reveal all aspects in other words - we want to avoid tinfoil hat conspiracies and also maintain OPSEC but let's try to encourage one another in this journey!
This past weekend we added a new buck to our rabbits. Today we're going to being canning some meat. Tuesday we will be canning tomatoes.

Changing out all my emergency and RV lighting to LED, going LED has cut down on weight, battery cost and usage for my bug out bag also cut down close to 3/4 of energy use for the RV when on batteries. All my D-cell lights are now retired, the only big light I have is the Streamlight Waypoint LED Spotlight

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
03-17-2013, 01:43 PM
I love homemade detergent - my niece turned me on to it - she had great success so I decided to try. Our family were all diehard Era fans so this was a biggie for us but now everyone loves it - I made for one DIL and my 90 year old mom -- everyone was pleased! The eleven cents a load was encouraging too on our budgets. We have prefer the dry version - and have tried both a rose scented bar soap as well as the recommended Fels Naptha and Zote soaps - each has been fine - and no harm to the HE washer!
(03-17-2013 10:25 AM)scpadmin Wrote:  Great Idea Valentinoswife,
I am all for sharing of ideas and tips. It only helps all of us. This weekend we worked on our pantry, adding to, organizing and inventorying our supplies. We also tried making our own homemade laundry detergent. My wife found a great "recipe" on Pinterest. I will be posting a blog post about it hopefully later tonight. We tested it out and it worked great.

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Azithromycin And Jolessa Check The To God, Ve Only Been On Jolessa For About A Month efuzilogk 0 184 09-08-2014 11:53 PM
Last Post: efuzilogk
  Preps For the Health-Compromised barkway 8 2,143 06-30-2013 06:56 PM
Last Post: barkway