Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Virtual Team Tactics Training
03-17-2013, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 10:01 PM by EveryDayPrepper.)
Virtual Team Tactics Training
Anyone who has ever wanted to try out scenarios they have imagined can do so with the Mission Editor in any of the following:

FOR OLDER COMPUTERS:
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (better of the two, it is reminiscent of Red Dawn)
UPDATE!: BOTH of these titles can be bought for about $6 as ArmA: Cold War Assault through the Steam gaming service/app. Getting them going can be a bit touch-and-go, but I was able without too much effort. Bohemia Interactive has a support forum that can help.

FOR NEWER COMPUTERS:
Armed Assault
ArmA 2: Combined Operations (I believe that combines ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, the latter set in the desert)
ArmA 3 Alpha (Beta and Full Versions coming later)

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
K-Light Solar Lantern & Flashlight
03-19-2013, 08:38 AM
RE: Virtual Team Tactics Training
(03-17-2013 07:47 PM)EveryDayPrepper Wrote:  Anyone who has ever wanted to try out scenarios they have imagined can do so with the Mission Editor in any of the following:

FOR OLDER COMPUTERS:
Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis
Operation Flashpoint: Resistance (better of the two, it is reminiscent of Red Dawn)
UPDATE!: BOTH of these titles can be bought for about $6 as ArmA: Cold War Assault through the Steam gaming service/app. Getting them going can be a bit touch-and-go, but I was able without too much effort. Bohemia Interactive has a support forum that can help.

FOR NEWER COMPUTERS:
Armed Assault
ArmA 2: Combined Operations (I believe that combines ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, the latter set in the desert)
ArmA 3 Alpha (Beta and Full Versions coming later)

Remember though, prepping is being self sufficient and avoidance not confrontational, a conflict is the last resort and only in defense of or escape, as civilians we must always prepare to evade a superior force not engage it, time better spent prepping escape routs under different scenarios then prepare for an all out offensive. One thing to always remember, 'we are few with limited resources' My wife is not a Soldier nor has she ever been, my duty is getting her out of harms way if that time ever comes. Smile

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
03-19-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: Virtual Team Tactics Training
(03-19-2013 08:38 AM)Maverick Wrote:  Remember though, prepping is being self sufficient and avoidance not confrontational, a conflict is the last resort and only in defense of or escape, as civilians we must always prepare to evade a superior force not engage it, time better spent prepping escape routs under different scenarios then prepare for an all out offensive. One thing to always remember, 'we are few with limited resources' My wife is not a Soldier nor has she ever been, my duty is getting her out of harms way if that time ever comes. Smile

You can use the Mission Editor to create almost any scenario you can imagine. Escape & Evasion missions are possible and I can think of a couple that are part of the official campaign/storylines in Cold War Crisis and Resistance.

I completely agree with you. One important thing you can learn from these simulations is how quickly a firefight can be lethal to you.

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Star New Team Members! scpadmin 369 13,595 09-24-2014 12:38 AM
Last Post: okkftcioj
  Clozapine Framework Online Training In Hyderabad Hyderabad, Where Can I Purchase Clo cafuligza 0 150 09-08-2014 10:02 AM
Last Post: cafuligza
Wink one of his team mates lay dead in a pool of blood. nfnluykp 0 171 09-04-2014 10:10 AM
Last Post: nfnluykp