Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Best Weapon for Prepper/ Concealed Carry
07-02-2013, 11:57 AM
RE: Best Weapon for Prepper/ Concealed Carry
I am a short, small handed woman, which makes some of the larger calibre firearms taxing on my wrists, for example, my husbands Baretta PX4 storm (40 cal) hurts my wrists well into 5 rounds, as well as tries to jump from my hand when fired.
I carry a Walther 380, (380 cal of course), which is basically a 9 mm. It has a bit more stopping power than a 22 cal, but the slide is really great, and it fits wonderfully in my little hands.
Also, they make that little "survivor" 22 that breaks down into its own stock, and it floats, its not a sniper rifle by any means, but it would be a neat addition to a bug out bag.

Bree caldwell, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forums since Jul 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Yeah, there are a number of Glock carbine kits on the market, though not all may be legal without a tax stamp and background check.

As for the AR-7, I would go with the Ruger 10/22 Takedown, instead. I have never seen anyone profit from having their AR-7 float. Big Grin....except maybe the makers.

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
08-10-2013, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 07:47 PM by ZorrosBladeZ.)
(04-18-2013 07:44 PM)lynn.hitchens@gmail.com Wrote:  How about a good weapon for someone who cannot rack a slide back on a glock?

I had reconstructive elbow surgery done on my left elbow, and just narrowly missed the same surgery on my right elbow. I just don't have the hand strength currently to do it.

I looking into a shotgun with pistol and chainsaw grip right now, for home defense - but, I def want to purchase a pistol.

Hi Lynn,
I know everyone talks about an Automatic pistol as a CC weapon or even for Home defense but if your not capable of using one or its not going to be efficient when its time to use it. You might want to look into getting a revolver. there has been many changes in revolver technology that makes them more desirable for CC or home defense. Here is a web site that might be able to explain it better and then you decide. And of course the matter of Training. You can have the best gun ever made in your possession but with out Some kind of advance Training .... Well I think you are getting the jest of where I am going whit this.... Find a good place to train .. not just shooting at paper but some where that teaches Simulations So you have abetter understanding of What will be required when and if the time ever comes that you'll need to use your newly Acquired Firearm.

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/informati...sp?ID=3195

ZorrosBladeZ, Proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  No Generic Temovate; Temovate Ointment Price What Pharmacies Carry exnazowtu 0 157 09-11-2014 01:18 PM
Last Post: exnazowtu
  you may be lucky and get a powerup or weapon upgrade ailpra80qk 0 112 09-05-2014 07:22 AM
Last Post: ailpra80qk
  New Prepper Novella valentinoswife 1 1,166 07-17-2014 09:30 PM
Last Post: sfqhqgmon
  How did you start your Prepper Plan? lynn.hitchens@gmail.com 3 1,355 05-18-2013 06:10 PM
Last Post: EveryDayPrepper