Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
37 Critical Food Items?
03-24-2013, 06:44 PM
37 Critical Food Items?
Does anyone have a .pdf of the 37 Critical Food Items book that is being peddled by one of those online informercials?

If not, what are the most important food items to buy, in your estimation?

I hear oils (olive oil, coconut oil, etc.) are very important?

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: 37 Critical Food Items?
(03-24-2013 06:44 PM)EveryDayPrepper Wrote:  Does anyone have a .pdf of the 37 Critical Food Items book that is being peddled by one of those online informercials?

This is the list that I found Mainly because these will disappear the quickest off the shelves

37 critical food items.
1.Vegetable oil
2.honey
3.sugar
4.rice
5.beans
6.wheat
7.powdered milk
8.canned tuna fish
9.canned chicken
10.canned fruit
11.canned vegetables
12.canned tomatoes
13.canned beans
14.chicken broth
15.canned soup
16.canned stew
17.baking supplies(they didn't say what kind
18.peanut butter
19.popcorn
20.nuts
21.soy sauce
22.apple cider vinegar
23.bouillon
24.tea
25.coffee
26.salt
27.baby food
29.vitamins
30.hot cocoa
31.garlic
32.freeze dried onions
33.spices
34.yeast
35.pet food
36.flour
37.chewing gum/candy

ZorrosBladeZ, Proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
03-24-2013, 09:51 PM
(03-24-2013 06:44 PM)EveryDayPrepper Wrote:  Does anyone have a .pdf of the 37 Critical Food Items book that is being peddled by one of those online informercials?

olive oils have a shelf life for about a year, coconut oil has longer shelf life about 2 1/2 years longer then olive

are you wanting to store or for bugging out? regarding foods, I have over 3 months of dehydrated foods giving us 2000cal per day. that can also be broke down for B.O.B if need be

critical depends on your diet and health, how you plan to prepare it; from scratch like making a pie?

On top of my dehydrated foods I have a large supply of can goods and doing my own canning I have peaches green beans and peas, I have a 100lbs of sugar and iodized salt and flour and corn mill , 5lbs of pepper, 50lbs of black eye peas and green peas, 100lbs of pinto and navy beans, I have 4gal of coconut oil 2gal of olive oil and 2gal rice oil

I try to keep fatty acids to a minimum since it breaks down faster reducing shelf life

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
03-26-2013, 01:57 PM
(03-24-2013 09:51 PM)Maverick Wrote:  

I agree I always think critical is very different for each family true if you are starving you will eat just about anything......I agree olive oil would not be an oil I would keep at all! It doesn't last long enough although I would hope that I would get most of my fat from squirrel, rabbit, possum or racoons that we would forage.....I would like to render fat from animals (although I know that is not very much in wild animals) but in a bug out situation I think thats what it will have to be.

While we are stocked up on lots of rice and beans and canned goods we are not counting on being able to hunker down for long.....if you are not in a millitary compound or in the middle of nowhwere it would be rough going...now if you are just talking about a great food list for the recession we are in I think its a great list Smile

olive oils have a shelf life for about a year, coconut oil has longer shelf life about 2 1/2 years longer then olive

are you wanting to store or for bugging out? regarding foods, I have over 3 months of dehydrated foods giving us 2000cal per day. that can also be broke down for B.O.B if need be

critical depends on your diet and health, how you plan to prepare it; from scratch like making a pie?

On top of my dehydrated foods I have a large supply of can goods and doing my own canning I have peaches green beans and peas, I have a 100lbs of sugar and iodized salt and flour and corn mill , 5lbs of pepper, 50lbs of black eye peas and green peas, 100lbs of pinto and navy beans, I have 4gal of coconut oil 2gal of olive oil and 2gal rice oil

I try to keep fatty acids to a minimum since it breaks down faster reducing shelf life

KarenLynn@LilSuburbanHomestead, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
Blogger@Lil' Suburban Homestead since 2010
03-27-2013, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2013 04:28 PM by ZorrosBladeZ.)
I have but its to big almost 5mb to post let me know how to get it to you so you can post it

ZorrosBladeZ, Proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
03-30-2013, 09:25 PM
The list of 37 is good enough for me.

"You are trying to post a message too quickly after posting a previous message. Please wait 1 more second."

Seriously? Big Grin

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
03-31-2013, 03:40 PM
Olive oil in the cans, stored in root cellar or lower temp area will keep longer - my hubby's family raise olives and make oil.

(03-24-2013 09:51 PM)Maverick Wrote:  

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
03-31-2013, 07:35 PM
(03-31-2013 03:40 PM)valentinoswife Wrote:  Olive oil in the cans, stored in root cellar or lower temp area will keep longer - my hubby's family raise olives and make oil.

Good to know! Wonder how much longer?

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb European Food Safety Authority bpntudtu 0 80 09-18-2014 03:36 PM
Last Post: bpntudtu
  Cure Barbers Itch Food Eat, Drug Jock Itch Psni idhelnowk 0 117 09-17-2014 09:56 AM
Last Post: idhelnowk
  Find Clomipramine Where Can I Buy - Cure Panic Disorder Using Food elogidda 0 143 09-13-2014 10:08 AM
Last Post: elogidda
  Relief Food Pinworms. Money Order Mebendazole In Internet exnazowtu 0 90 09-11-2014 03:25 PM
Last Post: exnazowtu
  Mental Lichen Planus Medication; Lichen Planus Chinese Food Therapy efuzilogk 0 89 09-10-2014 08:55 PM
Last Post: efuzilogk
  Light Therapy Bacterial Infections Levulan, I Put Some Clavamox In His Food efuzilogk 0 87 09-10-2014 02:23 AM
  Three Grocery Items Cure Cardiovascular Diseases, Ticlid Ticlopidine elogidda 0 81 09-09-2014 11:39 AM
Last Post: elogidda
  Buy Bethanechol Er Bethanechol Online Without Prescriptions; Food Bethanechol Name I exnazowtu 0 106 09-09-2014 02:19 AM
Last Post: exnazowtu
  A Brand Name Drug Daivobet Is Approved By The Food And Drug Administration, Voglio C idhelnowk 0 103 09-08-2014 11:58 PM
Last Post: idhelnowk
  Spondylitis Medication Pregnancy Otc, Can Heal Arthritis Food efuzilogk 0 85 09-07-2014 07:18 PM