Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you start your Prepper Plan?
04-18-2013, 07:41 PM
How did you start your Prepper Plan?
I may or may not be a type A, list making, OCD , control freak...

So - I was wondering, how did you start your prepping?

I took a very methodical approach. I wrote down what I thought the most likely threats were, SHTF type scenarios. Then under those, I listed what types of things I would need and in what quantities. Then I cross referenced each list with the other two - and circled the things that showed up on all three (for example: Water, Epi Pen, MRE). And that's how I began preparing bug out bags.

I've since built upon those lists, added to my stocks - always prioritizing what was most important, with what I could afford.

Anyone else a list maker?Blush

lynn.hitchens@gmail.com, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2013, 09:48 AM
RE: How did you start your Prepper Plan?
Being a avid outdoors men raised outdoors by my grandad and his two brothers since age 5 I've always prepped to some degree and serving 7 of my 12yrs in South America and Africa reinforced what I learned as a kid and teenager (being ready) prepping become natural to me.

I get some odd looks from Lisa when I tell her "please order this for me" her famous response "your spending this kind of money on something you hope to never use" yappers

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
04-21-2013, 08:34 AM
I started by a lot of reading -- then slowly adding an extra bag or two of rice and beans - then started printing out all sorts of stuff for notebooks about the same time I was gifted with a pair of rabbits - went from those to a gift of 3 chickens that sent me off to buy a few more! And suddenly I had that garden started in a small space that within a season got the whole family involved in expanding chickens, rabbits and gardens all within a few months! Now it is a second nature to us -- the rest of family didn't even realize they were helping me prep until I started buying equipment - when I encouraged their fishing and hunting equipment shopping, they caught on! My notebooks and lists were what helped me to stay organized. This winter we remodeled to make the pantry - you can see photos at my website - and now it is easy for everyone to want to see the shelves full! Matter of fact today we are getting a couple new chickens!

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
05-18-2013, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2013 06:12 PM by EveryDayPrepper.)
When the tsunami hit Japan and the Fukushima reactor was damaged, I decided the first purchases I needed to make were a firearm, a machete, a Vietnam jungle hammock (found out I'm too heavy for that), and two 25 lb bags of beans (got black beans and green lentils) and a 25 lb bag of short-grain brown rice. That was the event that got me back into prepping. I guess I saw it as the first of the big 2012 events.

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Get Now Plan-b 0.75mg At Savannah cafuligza 0 114 09-25-2014 03:07 AM
Last Post: cafuligza
  sier sportslig administrativ leder i Start tdkufh36yq 0 99 09-24-2014 02:31 PM
Last Post: tdkufh36yq
  Buy Plan B online - Cheap Plan B fedex - Order Plan B canadian pharmacy subdueBen20 0 80 09-23-2014 08:57 AM
Last Post: subdueBen20
Big Grin and then quickly get back up and start running again. The more aggressive the nfnluykp 0 122 09-22-2014 09:18 AM
Last Post: nfnluykp
  en drie weken later stond het plan in de steigers. Bang voor de Bang voor de yzhiyrzey 0 95 09-20-2014 01:05 AM
Last Post: yzhiyrzey
  Licensed Store Plan-b Money Order Cheapest Pills Online; Plan-b For Pregnancy How Ca idhelnowk 0 111 09-18-2014 04:04 PM
Last Post: idhelnowk
  Buying Online Plan-b 100mg Dosing. Plan-b For Emergency Contraception idhelnowk 0 147 09-18-2014 09:50 AM
  Best Buy Pills Plan-b Legit; Plan-b For Sale Overnight Delivery elogidda 0 122 09-17-2014 09:04 PM
Last Post: elogidda
Question To get a start in the industry ifcnjlikl 0 111 09-16-2014 08:44 PM
Last Post: ifcnjlikl
  Purchase Plan-b Without Dr Approval idhelnowk 0 164 09-16-2014 08:27 AM