Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
positive news stories about preppers
04-23-2013, 08:06 AM
positive news stories about preppers
I've been reading good news stories about preppers from the New York Times to the Seattle Times. One of the caption from The Seattle Times I liked and sums it up;

"Preppers are no more crazy than those wacky people who have homeowners insurance. ... "

Back in the 80s - 90s before the word 'prepper' gone mainstream it was the survivalist movement and nothing that was printed was positive though I still prefer the word 'Self-Reliant' The liberal rag mother jones still insist we are nuts/wackos even the replies to the article painted us as nut jobs... so be it

Only the weak relish the thought of an All-powerful government

-wayne

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-24-2013, 07:27 AM
RE: positive news stories about preppers
(04-23-2013 08:06 AM)Maverick Wrote:  I've been reading good news stories about preppers from the New York Times to the Seattle Times. One of the caption from The Seattle Times I liked and sums it up;

"Preppers are no more crazy than those wacky people who have homeowners insurance. ... "

Back in the 80s - 90s before the word 'prepper' gone mainstream it was the survivalist movement and nothing that was printed was positive though I still prefer the word 'Self-Reliant' The liberal rag mother jones still insist we are nuts/wackos even the replies to the article painted us as nut jobs... so be it

Only the weak relish the thought of an All-powerful government

-wayne

Seems people, especially officials, always seen to think the worst of things and others they do not know. It pays to be friendly with them. Everyone is a prospective Pepper. Prepping to at least some degree is just good solid common sense here in FL.

"The measure of a man can be taken by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"
04-24-2013, 08:24 AM
(04-24-2013 07:27 AM)Scotty-T Wrote:  Seems people, especially officials, always seen to think the worst of things and others they do not know. It pays to be friendly with them. Everyone is a prospective Pepper. Prepping to at least some degree is just good solid common sense here in FL.

A good number of Pols and and the public assumes we are nuts because a number of preppers involve firearms in the plans and prep for situations a good number of people deemed impossible in today's world given the magnitude of government resources (thus the problem; complacency) Many of people put us in the same league as the POS timothy mcveigh's of the world effectively labeling us for no other reason but to discredit preppers like they did with the survivalist movement.

Granted we have nuts just itching for confrontation with the government that claim to being preppers, those people are NOT preppers and certainly not friends to any serious prepper, as a serious prepper I want to be left alone under the radar and avoiding confrontations!

We have on one side the fence where the government says be prepared for natural disasters and on the other-side of the fence Pols deemed us a threat because we take it seriously (bureaucracy)

And welcome to SCP Scotty

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
04-24-2013, 01:22 PM
(04-24-2013 08:24 AM)Maverick Wrote:  
(04-24-2013 07:27 AM)Scotty-T Wrote:  Seems people, especially officials, always seen to think the worst of things and others they do not know. It pays to be friendly with them. Everyone is a prospective Pepper. Prepping to at least some degree is just good solid common sense here in FL.

A good number of Pols and and the public assumes we are nuts because a number of preppers involve firearms in the plans and prep for situations a good number of people deemed impossible in today's world given the magnitude of government resources (thus the problem; complacency) Many of people put us in the same league as the POS timothy mcveigh's of the world effectively labeling us for no other reason but to discredit preppers like they did with the survivalist movement.

Granted we have nuts just itching for confrontation with the government that claim to being preppers, those people are NOT preppers and certainly not friends to any serious prepper, as a serious prepper I want to be left alone under the radar and avoiding confrontations!

We have on one side the fence where the government says be prepared for natural disasters and on the other-side of the fence Pols deemed us a threat because we take it seriously (bureaucracy)

And welcome to SCP Scotty

I think the weather is more of a danger to us here in FL than the bureaucracy. The .gov these days is composed of mostly professional hobbyists. The true Statesmen who speak truth and understanding seem to get squelched pretty fast.

"The measure of a man can be taken by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shocked Blog Post Discussion: Space Coast Preppers- Petroleum Jelly Fire Starter Video Tip scpadmin 364 18,355 09-25-2014 03:25 AM
Last Post: vimgslznp
  Zhewitra Internet In Australia Newport News, Find Otc Not Expensive Pharmacies Zhewi elogidda 0 140 09-23-2014 09:35 AM
Last Post: elogidda
  Solaraze Buy. Voltarol Can I Buy At Newport News efuzilogk 0 99 09-22-2014 02:31 AM
Last Post: efuzilogk
  A Study In Rats Showed That Didanosine And. Positive About Didanosine exnazowtu 0 87 09-18-2014 11:52 PM
Last Post: exnazowtu
  Lsd Concor-plus Bipolar Disorder, Articles Congestive Heart Failure Medication News idhelnowk 0 92 09-17-2014 05:52 PM
Last Post: idhelnowk
  How Can I Buy Bimatoprost - Where Can I Purchase Lumigan No Rx In Newport News elogidda 0 219 09-13-2014 07:11 PM
  News Stories About Risperdal. Natural Bipolar Disorder Recovery efuzilogk 0 188 09-12-2014 10:24 AM
Last Post: efuzilogk
  Ivermectina Sarna Dose; Ivermectin For Heartworm Positive Dogs cafuligza 0 96 09-11-2014 03:35 PM
Last Post: cafuligza
  Cure Nbc News Enlarged Thyroid Gland. Treatment Terrell Davis Goiter elogidda 0 197 09-10-2014 08:25 PM
  Cheapest Cabergolina Ups At Newport News. Where Can I Get Cabergolina 100mg Depressi idhelnowk 0 133 09-10-2014 12:37 PM
Last Post: idhelnowk