Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking Back
04-25-2013, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2013 12:10 PM by Maverick.)
Looking Back
With Bert The Turtle in 1951 many of us grew up in the 'Duck and Cover' era remembering the 'Fallout Shelter' signs. The government instilled in our minds to be prepared so in the 50s and 60s it was big business building and supplying/stocking bomb shelters today however is different, the government now deems it unnecessary (evil) today the government wants us to rely on them not self-reliance.

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2013 08:33 AM by Scotty-T.)
RE: Looking Back
I lived through the fall out shelter times and as a family we canned large amounts of food and always had a little bag of essentials in the corner of the closet. The school drills of hiding under the table and covering your eyes still is ingrained in me hahahahah. It was a good way of teaching personal action instead of sit and wait for someone else to come save the day.

There is never a bad time to be ready and THAT is just another word for being prepared. Today it seems to have a greater "connotation" than denotation. Even the Boy Scouts I grew up in and later scout Mastered said "Be Prepared".

"The measure of a man can be taken by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"
05-01-2013, 10:09 AM
RE: Looking Back
(05-01-2013 08:32 AM)Scotty-T Wrote:  I lived through the fall out shelter times and as a family we canned large amounts of food and always had a little bag of essentials in the corner of the closet. The school drills of hiding under the table and covering your eyes still is ingrained in me hahahahah. It was a good way of teaching personal action instead of sit and wait for someone else to come save the day.

There is never a bad time to be ready and THAT is just another word for being prepared. Today it seems to have a greater "connotation" than denotation. Even the Boy Scouts I grew up in and later scout Mastered said "Be Prepared".

AMEN!

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Buy Back Pain online - Cheap Back Pain online - Order Back Pain fedex firflyaid64 0 206 09-25-2014 01:00 AM
Last Post: firflyaid64
Big Grin and then quickly get back up and start running again. The more aggressive the nfnluykp 0 116 09-22-2014 09:18 AM
Last Post: nfnluykp
  Medication Cutting Back Migraine Headache - Where Can I Get Ergotamine Low Price efuzilogk 0 67 09-21-2014 08:24 PM
Last Post: efuzilogk
  I Had Gone Back Down To 3 Endometrin Yesterday, Endometrin Utrogestan Where Can I Ge exnazowtu 0 79 09-14-2014 06:04 PM
Last Post: exnazowtu
  What Can Happen If I Drink Vodka When You Are On Milurit. Back Order Milurit On Wich idhelnowk 0 109 09-09-2014 09:38 PM
Last Post: idhelnowk
  Locoid Lotion Grossesse; T Wear The Locoid Then They Come Back Full Force And I exnazowtu 0 194 09-09-2014 08:52 PM
Last Post: exnazowtu
  Epsom Salts As Treatment For Back Oral Contraceptive; M Trying To Use A Logest Funct efuzilogk 0 110 09-07-2014 08:23 PM
Last Post: efuzilogk