Poll: BUG OUT OR HUNKER DOWN?
BUG OUT
HUNKER DOWN?
It Depends...
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bug Out or Hunker Down?
06-04-2013, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 01:15 AM by scpadmin.)
Question Bug Out or Hunker Down?
This thread is a continuation from a Facebook discussion started by Lou E. Buckner at https://www.facebook.com/SpaceCoastPrepp...tif_t=wall

He said:
"Would like to hear others thoughts on bugging out. I think living on the Space Coast, limits our ability to leave this area, without advance notice. In other locations they have the advantage of using various routes to bug out. Here, we only have 95 to head north. Would like to hear some good suggestions on how to prepare for this. Bug Out or Hunker down, that is the ?"

Space Coast Preppers added:
"We have been working on this question as well. I think it comes down to the situation. If at all possible, I want to Hunker Down, protect my home, and the larger items. If we leave we'd have to leave so much stuff, it would be a shame. So I want to do that only in a last resort, plus we have 2 young childresn in the mix. But I welcome everone's comments. We can take this to the forum if need be, I can creat a thread for this discussion Here: http://spacecoastpreppers.com/forum/show...php?tid=47

Space Coast Preppers.com
Where the Space Coast Preps!
info@SpaceCoastPreppers.com
[Image: facebookprofile100x72.jpg]
Join Us!
http://www.facebook.com/SpaceCoastPreppers
http://www.twitter.com/SpaceCoastPrep
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
K-Light Solar Lantern & Flashlight
06-04-2013, 01:49 AM
RE: Bug Out or Hunker Down?
I have lately been thinking a bit about the limits of living on a peninsula.

I have started looking at a sailboat as a bug-out location plus evacuation transport. Sometimes in plain sight is the best hiding place there is.

"The measure of a man can be taken by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"
06-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Being on the barrier Island . It really depends on the category of the storm and how close the eye is predicted to hit.Depending on Category and direction the storm comes from but generally speaking If its Cat 1 or less I will stay put. If Cat 2 and up I will bug out ahead of time. I do have my preps located in storage in a utility trailer on the main land ready to go. And Also have preps at my home in case we do Hunker down. From past experience I expect trees down, No Electric , possible flooding and no cell service for weeks after a Cat 2 and up blows through here. I have several location to forward to and wait it out depending on the direction of the storm. You still have time to get your prep's ready . And Take a little time to see how long it takes you to gather your preps to bug out We just did our practice runs and I feel real comfortable with it.

ZorrosBladeZ, Proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
06-04-2013, 08:47 PM
For me it depends, primarily hunkering down but prepared to move, the real threat is wildland fires and that has been dealt with and prepared for, earthquakes is a bigger factor then storms in my area, for that I have a 30 day fully equipped RV given a RV would weather an earthquake far better then the permanent structure I live in.

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
06-11-2013, 05:38 PM
(06-04-2013 01:49 AM)Scotty-T Wrote:  I have lately been thinking a bit about the limits of living on a peninsula.

I have started looking at a sailboat as a bug-out location plus evacuation transport. Sometimes in plain sight is the best hiding place there is.

Hey Scotty-T

I here what your saying, I came real close to buying a really nice 40' that needed a lil TLC just last year, but I don't know anything about sailing and was afraid to lay down the cash at the time. I think living where we do a sailboat is an excellent primary or secondary bug out vehicle.

Devil_Dog

"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win;
There is no possible victory in defense, The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
- John Steinbeck
06-29-2014, 07:19 AM
Photo Click on MY MTV
Their quantitative assay of the absorbing the bulk of footwear and over a fitflop shoe nd architecture,fitflop shoe, they will ahead them aback fitflop fitflop to apperceive that this is a total accomplishment. Kids Boots, suits Toddler Mittens and Gloves! Click on MY MTV,fitflop fitflop, then MY CLOSET, THEN MY STUFF. 86 kg fitflop rokkit t
06-29-2014, 08:37 AM
Smile sneller en trendyer. Hij trok naar Berlijn
Overigens is het voor veel autokopers momenteel in veel landen wel een kortin fitflop aanbieding gseldorado,fitflop aanbieding, er fitflop sale zijn merken die tussen de tien en twintig procent korting bieden als je een nieuwe auto wilt aanschaffen. Poetin bleef er vrijdag bij dat een meerderheid van de Russen nog steeds achter he fitflop schoenen m
07-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Music which ae yo absotey fee
Laven fitflop rokkit silver nova der oil is one of the common examples. Toxoplasmosis is an infection gogh fitflops you can get from a microscopic parasite called Toxoplasma gondii. This step is no less important wether for a classic garden or an organic garden. How they read into our behavio fitflop girls r, how they perceive our actions,fitflop rokkit
07-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Who is the innocent
But don't fear much longer,fitflop hooper, because this fate is not set in fitflop hooper stone. This is usually interpreted as the list fitflops rokkit ener's ability to understand the 's situation on an emotional level, based on the listener's own frame of reference rather than a sense of what should be felt which is sympathy,f fitflop price i
07-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Smile http://www.fyens.visualiser.dk/visua.asp?id=fitflo
Hamiltons solidaritet gOrsaken till att varken EU eller Carl http://www.fyens.visualiser.dk/visua.asp...line-fin-8 B Hamiltons politik f?rm?r l?sa krisen ?r att de v?grar inse dess verkliga o fitflop france rsaker. Det ?r ett konstn?rligt laboratorium: notst?ll och not ,http://www.fyens.visualiser.dk/visua.asp?id=fitflop-avis-chaussures-Suede-shop-online-fin-8, n?gr fitflop femme a