Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Preps For the Health-Compromised
06-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Preps For the Health-Compromised
Pardon my boldness in starting this thread as a newbie but I didn't see a category on this and it impacts a lot of people. How does one whose health is compromised and needs medication daily alter their prepping to accommodate their condition? Many medications are not refillable in mass quantities ahead of time, or are handed out in limited quantity before needing another prescription. Who will refill these meds/Rx after disaster strikes and you run out of medicine?

Is there any source or avenue for getting quantities of medications for prepping? Has anyone ever approached their doctor with the proposal to provide multiple refills or prescriptions expressly for prepping? I am very concerned about this as we have family for whom this is a major threat. I welcome all ideas, suggestions, resources.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
K-Light Solar Lantern & Flashlight
06-06-2013, 11:15 AM
RE: Preps For the Health-Compromised
Great question, I too take medication and am very concerned about this. The only thing I have come up with is to TRY to not take a pill here and there to try to build up a stock pile, but it is very difficult. I would also like to know what others are doing about this. Thanks for writing and don't apologize. Thanks for joining us.

Space Coast Preppers.com
Where the Space Coast Preps!
info@SpaceCoastPreppers.com
[Image: facebookprofile100x72.jpg]
Join Us!
http://www.facebook.com/SpaceCoastPreppers
http://www.twitter.com/SpaceCoastPrep
06-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Great question for the Patriot Nurse.

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
06-08-2013, 09:40 PM
I was going to post this earlier this would be a good thread to go and post here.

Being struck down without warning

April 29th I was heading to a mountain spot with a friend checking on malfunctioning Seismo equipment at 4300ft about or just over 3300ft I totally lost my breath to the point of almost blacking out, we headed back down to the truck and just sat for a bit wasn't getting better he decided to take me to the emergency room, in short I had an bronchitis attack... I never had one of them things before, after a shot of penicillin and one of them mask for an hr I was fine, she gave me an inhaler. No more of my smoke house (meat) work for at least 60days

This thing caught me by total surprise no warning and was struck down in a matter of minutes, imagining that happening bugging out! I wanted to stock up on the inhaler, my doctor told me it would be next to impossible to do

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
06-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Thank you all for your replies. And to the person who posted about the bronchitis attack and trying to stockpile inhalers, that is our fear. We have asthma and COPD in the household. They require meds delivered via a nebulizer and a rescue inhaler on their person at all times for sudden flare ups. You cannot stockpile these medications as doctors won't give you multiple refills without an appointment between refills. I wish I knew of some natural ways to relieve breathlessness and the inflammation in the lung cavity that often is the cause of difficulty in breathing for these patients. Any links found on the subject would be greatly appreciated, and thank you all for being so welcoming. I have lurked for some time but never posted.
06-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Do some heavy research into alternative healing -- essential oils and herbal remedies - people have used them for thousands of years and they may help for many of these situations when regular meds aren't available.

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
06-16-2013, 05:26 PM
(06-14-2013 04:56 PM)valentinoswife Wrote:  Do some heavy research into alternative healing -- essential oils and herbal remedies - people have used them for thousands of years and they may help for many of these situations when regular meds aren't available.

do you have any favorite sites, or reference links for that sort of info? There is so much info on alternative medicine out there, it's hard to know who is reputable.
06-20-2013, 04:55 PM
I have been reading up via Preparedness Pro Kellen Bishop - she highly recommends Be Young Essential Oils (http://www.beyoungeo.com/) due to the stringent testing and standards - remember the oils have to be medicinal and food grade safe. I have also been learning about herbal remedies - a neighbor is certified in this and I am now studying up on it too.

(06-16-2013 05:26 PM)barkway Wrote:  
(06-14-2013 04:56 PM)valentinoswife Wrote:  Do some heavy research into alternative healing -- essential oils and herbal remedies - people have used them for thousands of years and they may help for many of these situations when regular meds aren't available.

do you have any favorite sites, or reference links for that sort of info? There is so much info on alternative medicine out there, it's hard to know who is reputable.

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
06-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks, I'll check that site out. I also found a Canadian source that sells the inhalers we need in multiple units (for cheaper than I pay in US too. Figures)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Online Locacid; Kaufen Locacid Cure Skin Health Website Pills In Orlando elogidda 0 113 09-24-2014 11:10 AM
Last Post: elogidda
  Cheapest Tretinoin On Sale Internet. Retin-a Cure Skin Health Where Can I Buy exnazowtu 0 133 09-24-2014 02:57 AM
Last Post: exnazowtu
  Celestoderm Low Price Samples Pharmacies Amex - Celestoderm For Skin Health Secure O efuzilogk 0 119 09-24-2014 02:31 AM
Last Post: efuzilogk
  Stieva-a With Free Shipping With Doctor Consult; Skin Health Salvage Radiation Thera elogidda 0 123 09-22-2014 12:47 AM
  Gifts Skin Health Recovery, Locacid Order Now Express Delivery exnazowtu 0 109 09-21-2014 05:21 PM
  Medication Skin Health Menopause; Where To Purchase Tretinoin Low Price Selling efuzilogk 0 60 09-20-2014 11:04 PM
Last Post: efuzilogk
  Get Duprost Generic Health; Acheter Drugs Duprost Best Price Without Script idhelnowk 0 116 09-18-2014 10:45 AM
Last Post: idhelnowk
  Eltroxin For Skin Health How Can I Buy. Eltroxin Cure Addiction Where Do I Get exnazowtu 0 79 09-18-2014 12:21 AM
  Can You Order Green-coffee Health Care elogidda 0 90 09-17-2014 03:36 PM
  Ziprasidone Get Now Pills Echeck, Mail Order Ziprasidone Cure Skin Health exnazowtu 0 171 09-17-2014 02:43 PM