Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bug Out Bags
06-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Bug Out Bags
Hey All,

I am currently using (2) USMC issue medium Alice packs as bug out bags. One has the standard issue metal frame and the other does not. They do what they are designed to do, but I was thinking of upgrading and was wondering what bags y'all are using or maybe if your like me and are looking to up grade, what bag do you really want? If y got pics let 'me fly. I enjoyed and appreciate the pics maverick posted of his bags contents and has given me some new ideas.

Thanks,
Devil_Dog

"This is the law: The purpose of fighting is to win;
There is no possible victory in defense, The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
- John Steinbeck
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: Bug Out Bags
I like the granite gear 4800 bag, we recently upgrades our older bags to granite and am happy, my wife loves em too

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
06-18-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: Bug Out Bags
I bought a MOLLE II pack without shoulder straps, frame or waist belt (oh, and sustainment pouches) for under $30 and have since been researching MOLLE II, ILBE and CFP-90 packs. The learning curve is a bit high and I think what I habd decide to do is stay with what I know, the Large ALICE pack, although it has given me some ideas for modifications to make mine better. For one, I want a durable zipper on the bottom to facilitate easy access to kit on the bottom. I may also go with a MOLLE waist belt. Searing the frayed edges of inside seams sounds like one way to get more life from an ALICE pack. One thing I don't like about overuse of solid-colored MOLLE straps is how they add a manmade look to a camo pattern. (I replaced my OD ALICE with a Woodland one.)

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tea Bags Buy Pentrexyl, Gist Pentrexyl 250mg Sales cafuligza 0 70 09-09-2014 05:49 AM
Last Post: cafuligza