Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Welcome- Please Introduce Yourself
02-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Wink Welcome- Please Introduce Yourself
    Hello everyone and Welcome to SpaceCoastPreppers.com.

Please take a minute to introduce yourself here.
  • How long have you been prepping?
  • How far along are you in your prepps?
  • Where are your interests?
  • What areas are you strong in or weaker in?
  • What do you hope to get from this group?
  • Would you like to be involved in the management of the group?

I figured I would give a couple ideas for topics and let you run with it. Please, tell us about yourself.

Thanks.

PS. If anyone is interested in helping out with the group, either the Main site, the Social Sites, the Forum or the Meetup, please let us know. We also have several new features up our sleeves that are coming soon! We would appreciate the help! Thanks!

Space Coast Preppers.com
Where the Space Coast Preps!
info@SpaceCoastPreppers.com
[Image: facebookprofile100x72.jpg]
Join Us!
http://www.facebook.com/SpaceCoastPreppers
http://www.twitter.com/SpaceCoastPrep
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
K-Light Solar Lantern & Flashlight
03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: Welcome- Please Introduce Yourself
Name is Wayne, served 12yrs as an Army Ranger 1975-88 Jungle Expert trained at Ft Sherman Panama, I have been prepping since 89. I taught hunter safety, survival techniques to the cub/boy scouts (nav/shelter/food/fire)

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
03-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Hello Wayne,
Welcome to the site. Thanks for joining us! Please take a look around and take advantage of anything that we offer. If there is something you are not seeing, let us know, possibly we can add it. Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you around the site and hopefully meeting you at the Meetups.
Brian

PS. We just added a new Photo Gallery section of the site. If you'd like to show off some of your preps so others can learn (you obviously have a good deal of knowledge in the subject!) you can add photos to the group here:

http://spacecoastpreppers.com/gallery

Space Coast Preppers.com
Where the Space Coast Preps!
info@SpaceCoastPreppers.com
[Image: facebookprofile100x72.jpg]
Join Us!
http://www.facebook.com/SpaceCoastPreppers
http://www.twitter.com/SpaceCoastPrep
03-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi my Name is Ronald Williams I am a long time resident of Brevard County Just getting into Prepping after seeing what all that is happening and having experienced life in the Philippines I also want to shout out to Maverick I was born and raised in Panama I lived there for 16 years and very familiar with the Jungle Training center that had there.. Awesome Place. I am open to learning as much as I can so I can prepare my family for the future and not have to worry how we will survive. It was a pleasure to meet with you all at your first meeting and hope they continue to grow.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

ZorrosBladeZ, Proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm Clif. I was a survivalist and an avid reader of Soldier of Fortune and American Survival Guide in the mid-80's. I started prepping again when the tsunami hit Japan. I joined the Army at 17 and was stationed for 3 years in Alaska. I did two rotations at the Joined Readiness Training Center when it was at Fort Chaffee, AR. I also attended an abbreviated Light Infantry Course, even though I was a paper-pusher in the Air Cav. (Think Ewan MacGregor in Black Hawk Down.)

I've got bug-out preps but nowhere to bug-out to and little in the way of bug-in preps.

I am into Biblical studies and related literature. Not sure how much good that would be in bad circumstances. Faith doesn't necessarily come from lots of study. I have some faith, but I have gotten more "practical" in my graying years.

I also thought up the tactical first-person shooter genre of computer simulations/games. EA's "SEAL Team" was the obvious realization of an idea I sent to Microprose for an "Infantry Simulator". I have provided input and feedback on the Operation Flashpoint / ArmA series, which has always had a very powerful scenario editor. Useful for training when you can't afford to snap off that many rounds.

Not sure what I could be called strong in. I am weak in medical(though I recently attended The Patriot Nurse's Medical Prep 101 class), food prep, electrical and mechanics.

I want to pool knowledge with others. I have no wife or children and my family isn't into prepping, so I am quite alone in this.

•Would you like to be involved in the management of the group?

Not sure what that would involve or require.

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
03-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Hey everyone My name is Paul while I couldnt get a reality show I have been prepping for a while now. I live just outside Orlando so I try to keep things real as far as prep goes. I take in as much information as possible and any suggestions will be helpful I have about 3 months of food on hand at anytime I have begun gardening and will be attempting canning and distilling any help will be appreciated. I have skills hunting construction some tactical

Realist, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
03-20-2013, 05:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 05:14 AM by valentinoswife.)
As some of you may realize, I am one of the featured writers here. I am also the author of a prepping blog at Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me http://wp.me/P38ciz-7 at WordPress. I am married (valentino's wife Smile ) with four adult sons and several grandchildren. We live in a city neighborhood and don't have a secondary bug out location - rather we hope to be networking with neighbors if things ever really get that bad. Family will all relocate here if that happens. Our sons are all pretty self-sufficient hunters and fishermen -although they don't necessarily agree life will go "Red Dawn" , they do help us with all our self-sustaining lifestyle. We raise rabbits and chickens as well as garden and can/preserve our food. Val grew up in Post WWII Italy with parents who farmed so he is pretty saavy in all things prepping!

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
03-20-2013, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2013 09:45 AM by Maverick.)
(03-12-2013 09:18 PM)ZorrosBladeZ Wrote:  Hi my Name is Ronald Williams I am a long time resident of Brevard County Just getting into Prepping after seeing what all that is happening and having experienced life in the Philippines I also want to shout out to Maverick I was born and raised in Panama I lived there for 16 years and very familiar with the Jungle Training center that had there.. Awesome Place. I am open to learning as much as I can so I can prepare my family for the future and not have to worry how we will survive. It was a pleasure to meet with you all at your first meeting and hope they continue to grow.

I miss it deeply Zorros Sad and Welcome to SCP

(03-12-2013 09:23 PM)EveryDayPrepper Wrote:  I'm Clif. I was a survivalist and an avid reader of Soldier of Fortune and American Survival Guide in the mid-80's. I started prepping again when the tsunami hit Japan. I joined the Army at 17 and was stationed for 3 years in Alaska. I did two rotations at the Joined Readiness Training Center when it was at Fort Chaffee, AR. I also attended an abbreviated Light Infantry Course, even though I was a paper-pusher in the Air Cav. (Think Ewan MacGregor in Black Hawk Down.)

I've got bug-out preps but nowhere to bug-out to and little in the way of bug-in preps.

I am into Biblical studies and related literature. Not sure how much good that would be in bad circumstances. Faith doesn't necessarily come from lots of study. I have some faith, but I have gotten more "practical" in my graying years.

I also thought up the tactical first-person shooter genre of computer simulations/games. EA's "SEAL Team" was the obvious realization of an idea I sent to Microprose for an "Infantry Simulator". I have provided input and feedback on the Operation Flashpoint / ArmA series, which has always had a very powerful scenario editor. Useful for training when you can't afford to snap off that many rounds.

Not sure what I could be called strong in. I am weak in medical(though I recently attended The Patriot Nurse's Medical Prep 101 class), food prep, electrical and mechanics.

I want to pool knowledge with others. I have no wife or children and my family isn't into prepping, so I am quite alone in this.

•Would you like to be involved in the management of the group?

Not sure what that would involve or require.

Welcome Clif, The Bible should be part of prepping, I can't think of a better book for times of trouble IMHO

(03-18-2013 09:45 AM)Realist Wrote:  Hey everyone My name is Paul while I couldnt get a reality show I have been prepping for a while now. I live just outside Orlando so I try to keep things real as far as prep goes. I take in as much information as possible and any suggestions will be helpful I have about 3 months of food on hand at anytime I have begun gardening and will be attempting canning and distilling any help will be appreciated. I have skills hunting construction some tactical

Hi Paul, you already have a good start, unfortunately we who prep makeup perhaps less the 1% of this Country population, We have a stigma, we are looked upon as nuts or threats then we have a government that views us as both.

(03-20-2013 05:13 AM)valentinoswife Wrote:  As some of you may realize, I am one of the featured writers here. I am also the author of a prepping blog at Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me http://wp.me/P38ciz-7 at WordPress. I am married (valentino's wife Smile ) with four adult sons and several grandchildren. We live in a city neighborhood and don't have a secondary bug out location - rather we hope to be networking with neighbors if things ever really get that bad. Family will all relocate here if that happens. Our sons are all pretty self-sufficient hunters and fishermen -although they don't necessarily agree life will go "Red Dawn" , they do help us with all our self-sustaining lifestyle. We raise rabbits and chickens as well as garden and can/preserve our food. Val grew up in Post WWII Italy with parents who farmed so he is pretty saavy in all things prepping!

I love your web site, full of very good info and in my favorites. Being prepared is never wrong even if 'Red Dawn' never comes, kudos!

03-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Hi!

Just joined the site tonight, though I've been following on Facebook since we moved to the Space Coast (Palm Bay) in February of this year.

My name is Lindsy, I'm 28 and (very luckily) a Stay at Home Mom - with one child, who turns five in June.

How long have you been prepping?
- Officially, since November of 2012. After the last election. I just lost all hope that our country was going to come back from where it's been headed. I started reading about the economy more in depth (I'm a reader and researcher for hobby) and had a long conversation with my sister who lives in Georgia about how fragile our whole system really is. She confessed to me that her and her husband had been "prepping", explained it to me - and then made her case for why I needed to be as well. Let's just say it did not take much convincing.

How far along are you in your preps?
- Not terribly far, to be honest. My husband is not 100% on board with me. This scares the pants off of me, he says he doesn't want to live if things get that bad. I say I will do ANYTHING to keep my family safe. He thinks it's a phase for me. OR that I'm a crazy Christian. Either way, he stays out of my way and off my case about prepping, for the most part. I have a fair amount of water and canned goods stocked up. Paper goods too. Working on dried foods. I've been saving large containers because I want to start using mylar bags. What I'm not able to stock up, I'm teaching myself to make. I can and freeze foods (which I have been doing since I was a small child - we grew up very poor in rural Michigan) and can fish, and am learning to hunt and track. I'm having my brother in law teach me how to shoot, or rather shoot better, when he is around. I'm planning on spending a few weeks in Michigan this summer with my son, teaching him what I can about survival. So, I'm pretty much winging it.

Where are your interests?
- A better question would be, what ARE NOT my interests? I'm interested in EVERYTHING. I'm a voracious reader. A very fast learner. Right now I'm really into my gardening because of Spring. I'm hoping to find the time to teach myself to sew this summer. Bible study, cooking, baking, shooting, cleaning, all things homemaking, dresses and makeup, coffee, wine, long distance running, weight lifting, small dogs (seriously, who doesn't love dogs so tiny they fit in your purse?), homeschooling, politics, Xbox, photography... I think you get the idea.

What areas are you strong in or weaker in?
- My strength would most likely be in food preservation and preparation - also teaching others and organizing. My weaknesses would probably be mechanical type things - my knowledge of small engines and systems is pretty limited, but I love to take things apart and learn about them. Also, self defense. (Which I'm currently working on, I do distance running twice a week, I'm currently up to 8 miles. I also do weightlifting 3 times a week. I've lost nearly 60 pounds. )

What do you hope to get from this group?
- Support. I don't have it here at home. I can't see how my son and I could survive for any length of time without the strength of numbers that like minded people can provide. Knowledge. ALL knowledge is worth having. Perhaps an outlet for my ideas/musings/writings on a myriad of subjects, where I won't be labeled as crazy. Also, I am of the mind that keeping what I know about survival to myself is selfish. If I can help someone learn something, that would be amazing!

Would you like to be involved in the management of the group?
-Most definitely, if there is a need and if I can be of help.

Thanks for reading my novel!

-Lindsy

lynn.hitchens@gmail.com, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
03-26-2013, 12:01 AM
(03-25-2013 09:51 PM)lynn.hitchens@gmail.com Wrote:  Hi!

-Lindsy

Hi Lindsy and welcome to SCP, prepping can be overwhelming with the vast information out there just do what you feel what will work for your family, if you can, try and network with like minded folks in your area. We all have our strong and weak points even o'l dogs like me, I've been prepping since the late 80s and I'm still learning. You will do fine!

-wayne