Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cali now says prepair for two weeks
03-12-2013, 08:05 AM
Cali now says prepair for two weeks
72hr not good enough "Residents Urged To Prep For ‘Two Weeks On Your Own’ On Quake Anny"

Link to story: http://tinyurl.com/asr9vl9

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 04:21 PM
RE: Cali now says prepair for two weeks
Interesting that such a liberal state that so was in favor of this administration not being the failure at arriving with help such as Bush and Katrina now not only still is not helping enough in Staten Island, but now is advocating that their own state should prep! Hmmmm - double standards or what? Wonder how many of those state residents will take the advice and do something?

(03-12-2013 08:05 AM)Maverick Wrote:  72hr not good enough "Residents Urged To Prep For ‘Two Weeks On Your Own’ On Quake Anny"

Link to story: http://tinyurl.com/asr9vl9

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
03-12-2013, 07:57 PM
(03-12-2013 04:21 PM)valentinoswife Wrote:  Interesting that such a liberal state that so was in favor of this administration not being the failure at arriving with help such as Bush and Katrina now not only still is not helping enough in Staten Island, but now is advocating that their own state should prep! Hmmmm - double standards or what? Wonder how many of those state residents will take the advice and do something?

Exactly!

Guess prepping is only ok if its advocated by the feds or any of its entity for the period of time suggested, na very few are prepared for 72hrs, the new warning is going to fall on deaf ears too... The 72hr thing was a joke from the get go, 2 weeks isn't even sufficient, 4 weeks bare minimum for city and coastal folks, the government is a damn fool !

-wayne

03-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Maverick -- we get very frustrated here - we know another hurricane will hit Florida and we get tornadoes and brush fires depending on what season we are in -- yet the number of people who are always shocked by an impending hurricane and not having anything set back against being without everything is beyond reasoning! It seems like having a couple days of bottled water and a few cans of tuna fish should be the least they have yet interestingly most have nothing -- and then say they keep meaning to do that but just haven't gotten around to it yet! Guess after the storm is their plan??

(03-12-2013 07:57 PM)Maverick Wrote:  
(03-12-2013 04:21 PM)valentinoswife Wrote:  Interesting that such a liberal state that so was in favor of this administration not being the failure at arriving with help such as Bush and Katrina now not only still is not helping enough in Staten Island, but now is advocating that their own state should prep! Hmmmm - double standards or what? Wonder how many of those state residents will take the advice and do something?

Exactly!

Guess prepping is only ok if its advocated by the feds or any of its entity for the period of time suggested, na very few are prepared for 72hrs, the new warning is going to fall on deaf ears too... The 72hr thing was a joke from the get go, 2 weeks isn't even sufficient, 4 weeks bare minimum for city and coastal folks, the government is a damn fool !

-wayne

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
03-13-2013, 05:03 PM
(03-13-2013 04:21 PM)valentinoswife Wrote:  Maverick -- we get very frustrated here - we know another hurricane will hit Florida and we get tornadoes and brush fires depending on what season we are in -- yet the number of people who are always shocked by an impending hurricane and not having anything set back against being without everything is beyond reasoning! It seems like having a couple days of bottled water and a few cans of tuna fish should be the least they have yet interestingly most have nothing -- and then say they keep meaning to do that but just haven't gotten around to it yet! Guess after the storm is their plan??

If I was for taxes I would be implementing a stupidity tax.

It's astonishing how complacent people are particularly in the east and southern coastal states, Andrew in 92 should have been an eye opener if not then Katrina in 05, people refuse to learn! they are more concern about beer, big screen tv and nice cars 'Why waste money on prepping first, I don't make a lot of money' attitude, it truly makes it hard to feel sorry for them but then again most have kids, the kids suffer because mom and dad are too damn stupid and lazy and yet they are the one's that cry the loudest on national tv at the same time using the kids to exploit the suffering, that crap pisses me off to no end.

Sorry for the rant

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I Have Been On Champix For 3 Weeks After Day 5 I Could Not, How Can I Buy Champix In cafuligza 0 143 09-08-2014 12:35 AM
Last Post: cafuligza