Emergency Essentials/BePrepared

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Machete Presentation
07-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Machete Presentation
Maverick, was that you giving the machete presentation at the last meetup? If so, I would like to get a machete customized the way you had it. My current Gerber has a sawback that I don't like, for the reason I believe you mentioned.

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
K-Light Solar Lantern & Flashlight
07-12-2013, 07:37 PM
RE: Machete Presentation
(07-12-2013 10:47 AM)EveryDayPrepper Wrote:  Maverick, was that you giving the machete presentation at the last meetup? If so, I would like to get a machete customized the way you had it. My current Gerber has a sawback that I don't like, for the reason I believe you mentioned.

Hi, No that was Ron Williams, you can find him on the Facebook page I know. I am not sure if he uses the forum. Let me know if you can't find him I can get him a message for you.

Space Coast Preppers.com
Where the Space Coast Preps!
info@SpaceCoastPreppers.com
[Image: facebookprofile100x72.jpg]
Join Us!
http://www.facebook.com/SpaceCoastPreppers
http://www.twitter.com/SpaceCoastPrep
07-14-2013, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2013 10:51 AM by EveryDayPrepper.)
Grazie.

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
07-14-2013, 10:29 AM
(07-12-2013 10:47 AM)EveryDayPrepper Wrote:  Maverick, was that you giving the machete presentation at the last meetup? If so, I would like to get a machete customized the way you had it. My current Gerber has a sawback that I don't like, for the reason I believe you mentioned.

nopers wasn't me, I only use the Woodman's and the NSN 5110-00-813-1286 military issue machetes. I never been a fan of Gerber machetes, seen too many break in the field especially Gerber's BG (Bear Grylls) branded machetes.

FYI, I'm not a fan of BG marketed products (false hope) in fact I detest the products

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
07-19-2013, 05:45 PM
(07-14-2013 10:29 AM)Maverick Wrote:  

nopers wasn't me, I only use the Woodman's and the NSN 5110-00-813-1286 military issue machetes. I never been a fan of Gerber machetes, seen too many break in the field especially Gerber's BG (Bear Grylls) branded machetes.

FYI, I'm not a fan of BG marketed products (false hope) in fact I detest the products

HI yes it was me that did the Machete presentation. Sure thing would love to share what i have done with mine. I use the Ontario 6145 Military Issue Machete which is an 18 inch blade machete. I can give the links to the you tube videos showing how to sharpen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsZb_1XfFHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r6SnBIHGAc

ZorrosBladeZ, Proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
07-19-2013, 06:42 PM
(07-19-2013 05:45 PM)ZorrosBladeZ Wrote:  HI yes it was me that did the Machete presentation. Sure thing would love to share what i have done with mine. I use the Ontario 6145 Military Issue Machete which is an 18 inch blade machete. I can give the links to the you tube videos showing how to sharpen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsZb_1XfFHo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r6SnBIHGAc

Nice presentation ZorrosBladeZ, certainly something I'm going to do to mine!

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
07-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Thanks so much, Zorro!

08-03-2013, 03:05 PM
UPDATE: Zorro, what are the common uses of the four blade surfaces (2 in front, 2 in back) in this machete modification? Just need my memory refreshed.

08-03-2013, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013 07:54 PM by ZorrosBladeZ.)
(08-03-2013 03:05 PM)EveryDayPrepper Wrote:  UPDATE: Zorro, what are the common uses of the four blade surfaces (2 in front, 2 in back) in this machete modification? Just need my memory refreshed.

On the back edge toward the handle
1. This is an area about 3 to 5 inches and its sharpened as a square plane, this is great for making fine shavings and as a way to strike a fire starter flint.
2. The remaining Back side of the blade is rounded to provide a safe edge for handling and a dull edge while using a baton to split wood.
3. The Front edge of the blade near the handle Is sharpened to a Scandi type blade for whittling wood to small pieces and cutting rope and things that need a knife sharp edge. the Scandi Edge is only 3 to 5 inches and is a delicate edge by nature so be sure not to chop with that portion of the blade.
4. the final part of the front of the blade is the working part of the machete with a Convex edge to hold an edge for long periods of time. the convex allows the machete to release from the wood after the cut easier. Once that edge is created it is easy to sharpen in the field.
One other thing I do is clean up all the hard edges of the handle to insure a smooth handle for long periods of usage with out getting blisters. As like any sharp knife be careful with the machete and it will give you years of service.

Note: I do plan on being at the SCP picnic and will be glad to bring my machetes so you can check them out.

and thanks for asking!!!

08-09-2013, 08:18 PM
I will have my 12 and 18 inch Ontario US Made machetes, my 12 inch Collin El Salvador Machete and my 12,14 and 18 inch Tramotina Brazilian Machetes at the Space Coast Preppers Picnic to show the difference in weight and styles and discuss my methods of use to any one that interested.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Treatment Ppt Presentation Migraine; Topiramate 100mg cafuligza 0 85 09-23-2014 02:01 AM
Last Post: cafuligza
  Treatment Ppt Presentation Antidepressant. Antidepressant Available Treatment idhelnowk 0 137 09-15-2014 09:01 AM
Last Post: idhelnowk
Sad Apart from the focus on actual presentation skills as stated above lrwgyxqi 0 82 09-04-2014 09:16 AM
Last Post: lrwgyxqi