Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
A word (in short)
07-19-2013, 03:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 06:07 PM by Maverick.)
A word (in short)
For a couple of years we had a fairly good group (29) of folks (preppers) from different backgrounds and for different reasons for being part of the group, we would meet 2 to 3 times a month discussing whatever topic that came up be it gear, laws, government and keeping each other informed on land use policies and survival techniques, during the year we would camp, fish and some of us hunted together. but....

We started to see our ranks shrink recently (9), in the past it was job loss, losing property mainly it was financial issues and relocation, recently others on the other hand didn’t see a need to continue prepping, they didn’t feel that the investment was paying off (nothing was happening) and for a couple of folks it was discouragement (government intrusiveness)

1) (nothing is happening) the point of prepping is totally missed here, prepping is NOT wishing for bad things to happen and if one is wishing for such catastrophe then not only is the point to prepping missed this kind of thinking is dangerous to any group! Aching for a fight not only dangerous but jeopardizes the life’s around us in time of a crises. Being calm cool and collective should be the order.

2) (government intrusiveness) Yes, the government has breached everything in our lives today but two points, A) none-crises government intrusiveness means squat in a crises. B) Going back to A should give every reason to prepare. Yes, the government has gotten too big yes the government is everywhere but the fact remains, there is a reason why FEMA suggest a 72hr kit (in my opinion it’s not long enough) is because the government can’t be there for you regardless of promise regardless of preparation.

Prepping is not about war about fighting about killing no, prepping is giving yourself adequate survivability in a hostile environment ‘hostile’ not necessarily meaning human on human violence. I think many people are missing the point, remember, prepping for violence is such a very small fraction to prepping as a whole, the more pressing issue is shelter, food and water, Does it mean you shouldn’t be armed, of course not but don’t make it the focal point of prepping and don’t make violence the center to prepping, in other words don't spend all your resources in one area of prepping

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
K-Light Solar Lantern & Flashlight
07-24-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: A word (in short)
Yeah, a bit mystified about how Survival Manuals and magazines could be met with a Ho-hum in a Prepper group.

EveryDayPrepper, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
08-05-2013, 08:13 PM
(07-24-2013 12:52 AM)EveryDayPrepper Wrote:  Yeah, a bit mystified about how Survival Manuals and magazines could be met with a Ho-hum in a Prepper group.

I have learned that every situation in life demands different skills to survive. And that we are all creatures of habit. When were younger we feel as if nothing is going to happen and life goes on . But as we get older and more aware of reality. We start to question our abilities to survive what ever it is that drives us in our lives.
Personally The last five years, more than ever, And after going through a divorce, serious debt problems,foreclosure, over coming a few Health problems. I started to see life through a different pair of glasses.

Priorities changed. I felt life needed to be simpler. It had to be sustainable, It to have a real purpose. And Guess what ..... It can be.
Family becomes more important. Health can be managed. And preparing for the future can be sustainable.
So becoming a Prepper has become part of my life and knowing that no matter what happens, my family and I will make it through the next day, the next week and the next year.

It's odd that disaster either bring the best our of us or the worst. and out of any given disaster We always learn better ways to cope and deal with said given situations.

Finding a group of like minded people is what God intended for us to do. Not only do we share a faith in God . But we share our experiences in life, we share our knowledge so other might have the same chances to weather what ever storm life throws at us.
To be part of a group of people of all ages, religious back grounds, life experiences, skill sets and trades, truly is an awesome experiment in life.
I hope that everyone keeps the focus of what a Prepper group really is and not the next disaster that will come down the road.
If we all do this and learn from each other we begin to build a fellowship that has a common interest.. to survive.

The real reward of Prepping for me is Knowing you got a chance !!!

ZorrosBladeZ, Proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forum since Mar 2013.
08-07-2013, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2013 11:17 AM by Maverick.)
(07-24-2013 12:52 AM)EveryDayPrepper Wrote:  Yeah, a bit mystified about how Survival Manuals and magazines could be met with a Ho-hum in a Prepper group.

Survival manuals and magazines only give one 1/10th base knowledge, a good number of my skills is based on real world experience. Many of the things I learned through military manuals was thrown out the window in my first firefight and long term stay within the confinements of the jungle, the three thing the manuals and magazines cant teach is attitude and the physical/mental stress on the body, all three effect judgment! if one can shoot straight then he or she has already passed the first step in defense now focus on the practicalities not engagement. Focus on what will feed and shelter the family.

(08-05-2013 08:13 PM)ZorrosBladeZ Wrote:  Family becomes more important. Health can be managed. And preparing for the future can be sustainable.
So becoming a Prepper has become part of my life and knowing that no matter what happens, my family and I will make it through the next day, the next week and the next year.

It's odd that disaster either bring the best our of us or the worst. and out of any given disaster We always learn better ways to cope and deal with said given situations.

Finding a group of like minded people is what God intended for us to do. Not only do we share a faith in God . But we share our experiences in life, we share our knowledge so other might have the same chances to weather what ever storm life throws at us.
To be part of a group of people of all ages, religious back grounds, life experiences, skill sets and trades, truly is an awesome experiment in life.
I hope that everyone keeps the focus of what a Prepper group really is and not the next disaster that will come down the road.
If we all do this and learn from each other we begin to build a fellowship that has a common interest.. to survive.

The real reward of Prepping for me is Knowing you got a chance !!!

And that is what is about!

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Music het koken en het beeldhouwen en dan word je een 'kunstbakker' dlpgeohve 0 64 09-19-2014 05:54 AM
Last Post: dlpgeohve
  Potassium Levels Memantine Low - Memantine Directly Short cafuligza 0 105 09-16-2014 12:26 PM
Last Post: cafuligza
  Temovate Drug In India. Short Selling Temovate Consors Over Counter Cream Kaufen Gen exnazowtu 0 105 09-11-2014 12:26 PM
Last Post: exnazowtu
  Term High Cholesterol Medication Short. Get Now Nicotinic-acid efuzilogk 0 121 09-07-2014 01:54 AM
Last Post: efuzilogk