Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
dealing with fires
08-23-2013, 12:09 AM
dealing with fires
update to whats going on in my neck of the woods

We have been dealing with fires out our way for the past week, been out on the property moving live stock and equipment out to safe areas, no evac yet, it's been real dry hardly any rain the last two months. the whole area is heavy smoke from our local fires then add the fires from oregon, idaho, the smoke has limited the sun due to the thick haze, we will be driving back out tomorrow to keep an eye out on things, more dry lightening tonight.

We who are ready will survive for we are mentally equipped to do so
Space Coast Preppers Forum Moderator
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-23-2013, 04:26 PM
RE: dealing with fires
Stay safe above all else -- we will be praying for relief from the fires and safety of everyone involved!

(08-23-2013 12:09 AM)Maverick Wrote:  update to whats going on in my neck of the woods

We have been dealing with fires out our way for the past week, been out on the property moving live stock and equipment out to safe areas, no evac yet, it's been real dry hardly any rain the last two months. the whole area is heavy smoke from our local fires then add the fires from oregon, idaho, the smoke has limited the sun due to the thick haze, we will be driving back out tomorrow to keep an eye out on things, more dry lightening tonight.

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
08-24-2013, 11:22 AM
1000 rounds gemtech 22lr subsonic will be selling today and today only $140.00 for all of it. Please call 3215072651 will meet face to face in Brevard County.

MP Enterprises, proud to be a member of Space Coast Prepper Forums since Aug 2013.
09-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Spent the last week moving live stock and equipment back, things are starting to return to normal, btw, through all of this I had a friend from the University of Washington call me (he works with the USGS through the PNW seismic networks), he wanted to inform me my property borders a surface rupture fault (I'm 20 miles from Mount St. Helens active and 24miles from Mt Adams a dormant) Undecided

I'm starting to re-think my options! Thinking out-loud

If SHTF where fuel is limited or non existent and another fire breaks out my situation would be dire not to mention having a active volcano in my back yard and that of having potentially devastating volcano just to the east of me Mt Adams thus just recently being informed I am on the border of a rupture fault, at this point the economy collapsing/civil unrest is the least of my worries given I am living right on the ring of fire, the economy collapsing/unrest is something I can survive and be mobile though in my location if mother nature decides to get an attitude both survivability and mobility is limited.

At my age I have to start thinking of my limitations in what I may have to deal with, the last 30yrs I never had to move live stock and equipment in such a short period of time with very little sleep, everything was put in perspective and the realization I'm not 20yrs old anymore, the only reprieve I really had this last month was in the local coffee shop tweeting politics on my phone.

09-09-2013, 04:33 AM
This is a major issue I was trying ton make at our last meet-up. Most of us are not twenty or thirty or even (gasp) forty anymore! Physically many of us face one type of challenge or another -- so it is important we try to be more welcoming and mentoring to the younger folks around us. I get so frustrated with shows like Doomesday Castle - a mini soap opera of family arguments! If something is that unpleasant and causes that much strife between family members, I would not want to be doing it in a public forum but rather finding ways to settle all those fight. Yet we do need those younger family members -- and ultimately more younger generation folks in general or why bother trying to survive? Those twenty somethings are our future and the whole reason we want this country to survive! Or at least they should be the reason we fight for survival - not just our physical body survival but also the survival of all we held to believe true!

(09-08-2013 10:11 AM)Maverick Wrote:  Spent the last week moving live stock and equipment back, things are starting to return to normal, btw, through all of this I had a friend from the University of Washington call me (he works with the USGS through the PNW seismic networks), he wanted to inform me my property borders a surface rupture fault (I'm 20 miles from Mount St. Helens active and 24miles from Mt Adams a dormant) Undecided

I'm starting to re-think my options! Thinking out-loud

If SHTF where fuel is limited or non existent and another fire breaks out my situation would be dire not to mention having a active volcano in my back yard and that of having potentially devastating volcano just to the east of me Mt Adams thus just recently being informed I am on the border of a rupture fault, at this point the economy collapsing/civil unrest is the least of my worries given I am living right on the ring of fire, the economy collapsing/unrest is something I can survive and be mobile though in my location if mother nature decides to get an attitude both survivability and mobility is limited.

At my age I have to start thinking of my limitations in what I may have to deal with, the last 30yrs I never had to move live stock and equipment in such a short period of time with very little sleep, everything was put in perspective and the realization I'm not 20yrs old anymore, the only reprieve I really had this last month was in the local coffee shop tweeting politics on my phone.

valentinoswife
Pinch of Prepping Sip of Sustainability and Me
09-09-2013, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 09:09 PM by Maverick.)
(09-09-2013 04:33 AM)valentinoswife Wrote:  This is a major issue I was trying ton make at our last meet-up. Most of us are not twenty or thirty or even (gasp) forty anymore! Physically many of us face one type of challenge or another -- so it is important we try to be more welcoming and mentoring to the younger folks around us. I get so frustrated with shows like Doomesday Castle - a mini soap opera of family arguments! If something is that unpleasant and causes that much strife between family members, I would not want to be doing it in a public forum but rather finding ways to settle all those fight. Yet we do need those younger family members -- and ultimately more younger generation folks in general or why bother trying to survive? Those twenty somethings are our future and the whole reason we want this country to survive! Or at least they should be the reason we fight for survival - not just our physical body survival but also the survival of all we held to believe true!

So very true! I'm 56yrs o'l my prime most certainly had passed though what I lack in physical endurance today, my mind has gained in knowledge, my granddad and his brothers use to tell me using what you learned from us we both someday may need your strength the point being the young and old need each other!